The trail lead by small paths through rhododendron forests. Similarly, the landscape changes quite abruptly into a rough high mountain landscape. The trail features the best and amazing views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. From High Camp (3580 m), you can climb in about 3-4 hours to Mardi Himal Base camp, which offers spectacular close up views of the entire Annapurna Range.
Unfold the gift from Nepal, this is purely the best trek of current time.
This trek starts from Pokhara, and this itinerary also begins from Pokhara. You can come to Pokhara from Kathmandu with a 6 hour drive or a 30 mins flight. Or we can arrange your pickup from Kathmandu Airport upon request, and also organize a few days of visit around the cities of Kathmandu and Pokhara before the trek.
Day 1: Drive to Phedi, trek to Pothana
Day 2: Pothana to Forest Camp
Day 3: Forest Camp to High Camp
Day 4: High Camp to View Point/Base Camp overnight at Low Camp
Day 5: Low Camp to Sidhing
Day 6: Jeep drive from Sidhing to Pokhara
Drive to Phedi from Pokhara. Trek uphill to Dhampus village. Stop for lunch. Trek to Deurali through forest area and have a panoramic view of Mt Fishtail and other surrounding peaks of Annapurna Region. Stay overnight at Pothana
Trek to forest camp. We follow ridge all the time, watch views of Modi khola valley on the left and Mardi Khola on the right. We get a closer view of Mt Fishtail and Mardi Himal. It is a quiet trail along the forest of rhododendron and pine trees. Overnight at forest Camp (Kokar) Kokar, a local name, will have home stay for the night.
Trek to High Camp early in the morning via dense forest of rhododendron. On the way, we stop for quick lunch at Low Camp. The view from Low Camp is superb, with Mount Machhapuchchhre visible up the valley. Then we move forward to High Camp. Overnight stay at a guest house.
Trek around and exploration of Mardi Himal Base Camp/ Upper View Point. Great view of Annapurna Sanctuary, Hiunchuli and Mt. Fishtail (Machapuchchhre) Base Camp and . Return back to Low Camp for Night Stay.
Trek downhill to Siddhing Village. This place has a rich habitat of Himalayan Langoor, Barking Deer, Black Bear and many varieties of pheasants like Danphe and Munal. This is not the route we climbed up, so we made a circuit.
A short trek to Lumre and Drive to Pokhara. Overnight Stay at Pokhara or onward destination.
- Land transportation, from Pokhara to Phedi and Lumre to Pokhara.
- Foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) while on trekking
- Accommodation (Lodges or Guesthouses) along the trail.
- Well experienced English speaking speaking trekking Guide.
- Porter service and support staff for above 2 person
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Park Fee).
- Food, wages, accommodation, equipment, medicine and insurance coverage for all trekking staffs.
- All Government taxes.
- Travel insurance and other expenses like costs incurred due to any unforeseen circumstances, emergency evacuation and rerouting, flight change, airport taxes.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold beverage, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff - Tipping are expected.
The itineraries are merely a guideline and are prearranged on the basis of their popularity with our previous guests. We can easily customized it to suit your own schedule and requirement.
We can organize combination packages to explore various regions and attractions throughout the country if you have an interest to explore Nepal further. Popular destinations and activities.