The trail lead by small paths through rhododendron forests. Similarly, the landscape changes quite abruptly into a rough high mountain landscape. The trail features the best and amazing views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. From High Camp (3580 m), you can climb in about 3-4 hours to Mardi Himal Base camp, which offers spectacular close up views of the entire Annapurna Range.
Unfold the gift from Nepal, this is purely the best trek of the current time.
This trek starts from Pokhara, and this itinerary also begins from Pokhara. You can come to Pokhara from Kathmandu with a 6-hour drive or a 30 mins flight. Or we can arrange your pick up from Kathmandu Airport upon request, and also organize a few days of visit around the cities of Kathmandu and Pokhara before the trek.
Day 1: Drive to Phedi, trek to Pothana
Day 2: Pothana to Forest Camp
Day 3: Forest Camp to High Camp
Day 4: High Camp to View Point/Base Camp overnight at Low Camp
Day 5: Low Camp to Sidhing and drive back to Pokhara
Drive to Phedi from Pokhara. Trek uphill to Dhampus village. Stop for lunch. Trek to Deurali through forest area and have a panoramic view of Mt Fishtail and other surrounding peaks of the Annapurna Region. Stay overnight at Pothana.
Trek to forest camp. We follow the ridge all the time, watch views of Modi Khola valley on the left, and Mardi Khola on the right. We get a closer view of Mt Fishtail and Mardi Himal. It is a quiet trail along the forest of rhododendron and pine trees. Overnight at Forest Camp (Kokar) Kokar, a local name, will have homestay for the night.
Trek to High Camp early in the morning via a dense forest of rhododendron. On the way, we stop for a quick lunch at Low Camp. The view from Low Camp is superb, with Mount Machhapuchchhre visible up the valley. Then we move forward to High Camp. Overnight stay at a guest house.
Trek around and exploration of Mardi Himal Base Camp/ Upper View Point. Great view of Annapurna Sanctuary, Hiunchuli, and Mt. Fishtail (Machapuchchhre) Base Camp and. Return to Low Camp for Night Stay.
Trek downhill to Siddhing Village. This place has a rich habitat of Himalayan Langoor, Barking Deer, Black Bear, and many varieties of pheasants like Danphe and Monal. This is not the route we climbed up, so we made a circuit.
- Land transportation, from Pokhara to Phedi and Lumre to Pokhara.
- Foods (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) while on trekking
- Accommodation (Lodges or Guesthouses) along the trail.
- Well experienced English speaking trekking Guide.
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Park Fee).
- Food, wages, accommodation, equipment, medicine, and insurance coverage for all trekking staff.
- All Government taxes.
- Personal travel insurance
- Other expenses like costs incurred due to any unforeseen circumstances, emergency evacuation, and rerouting.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold beverage, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Support (Porter) service if needed.
- Tips for trekking staff - Tipping is expected.
The itineraries are merely a guideline and are prearranged based on their popularity with our previous guests. We can easily customize it to suit your schedule and requirement.
We can organize combination packages to explore various regions and attractions throughout the country if you have an interest to explore Nepal further. Popular destinations and activities.