The Tiji (Ten Chi) Festival is the most auspicious festival in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal. Dorje Jono fought and defeated this demon and the festival celebrates his victory with prayer chants and colorful dances. Chhode Monastery at Lo Manthang in Upper Mustang is famous for its performance of Vajrakila practice and ritual.
The Tiji (Ten Chi) Festival is the most auspicious festival in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal. Ancient mythology relates how the Tiji is celebrating to mark the victory of good over evil.
Day 1: Drive Pokhara to Marpha
Day 2: Drive Marpha to Ghiling
Day 3: Drive Ghiling to Lo-Manthang
Day 4: Observe Tiji Festival at Lo-Manthang
Day 5: Observe Tiji Festival at Lo-Manthang
Day 6: Observe Fiji Festival at Lo-Manthang and drive to Charang
Day 7: Drive Charang to Chhuksang
Day 8: Drive Chhuksang to Jomsom via Muktinath
Day 9: Fly Jomsom to Pokhara
It is almost brushing the sides of the mighty Kali Gandaki river gorge and the massive Dhaulagiri mountain along the way up. As you go up, the landscape changes from the lush greenery of the Pokhara area to the barren, rocky terrain of Mustang. Your road follows the Kali Gandaki. Stay overnight at Lodge.
After breakfast drive to Ghiling via Jomsom & Kagbeni while we reach Kagbeni stop for formality to enter Upper mustang. And drive onward to Ghiling and stay overnight at Lodge.
Drive from Ghiling to Lo-Mangthan on the enjoy the view of Mountain. Stay overnight at Lodge.
First Day of (19th, May-20) Tiji (Ten Chi) After breakfast and before start festival you may explore around Lo-Mangthang.
Second Day of TIJI (Ten Chi) (20th , May-20) festival celebration.
Last day observe the Tiji Festival (23rd, May-20) and drive to Charang. Stay overnight at Lodge.
After breakfast drive to Muktinath it is one of the highest temple in the World. It’s also most important pilgrimage sites of Nepal for the both Hindus and Buddhists. After visit Muktinath drive to Jomsom. Stay overnight at Jomsom.
Early morning fly to Pokhara and leisure time. End tour.
- 2 Nights’ accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- Pokhara to Lo-Manthang and drive back to Jomsom by SUV (4WD).
- Flight Ticket Jomsom to Pokhara.
- Meals: (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) while on trip as mention in itinerary.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at Guesthouse/ Lodge. While on tour.
- (ACAP) Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System Card).
- Upper Mustang Control Area Special Permit.
- Professional government license holder English speaking Guide.
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for official crew.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit).
- All government and local taxes.
- Meals in Pokhara other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- If you use a Pony, all donation, Camera Fees during festival.
- Personal equipment.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.
We need at list Two tour member for obtain Upper Mustang control Permit.
The itineraries are merely a guideline and are prearranged on the basis of their popularity with our previous guests. We can easily customized it to suit your own schedule and requirement.