A very fascinating and spectacular journey to Lo Manthang is one of the most valued based destination in the country. The geological setting and mesmerizing human settlement cannot be seen elsewhere in the World. That is why the region has received enormous review and queries.
Upper Mustang is a scenic hidden gems of Nepal, attracting many tourists to discover an isolated region for centuries. Highest altitude of Upper Mustang Lo Manthang trek is 3840 meters / 12598 feet above sea level. The route is reviewed to be full of serendipity all the way.
This trek starts from Pokhara, and this itinerary also begins from Pokhara. You can come to Pokhara from Kathmandu with a 6 hour drive or a 30 mins flight. Or we can arrange your pickup from Kathmandu Airport upon request, and also organize a few days of visit around the cities of Kathmandu and Pokhara before the trek.
Day 1: Fly to Jomsom, Trek to Kagbeni
Day 2: Kagbeni to Chhusang
Day 3: Chhusang to Sammar
Day 4: Sammar to Ghilling
Day 5: Ghilling to Charang
Day 6: Charang to Lo Manthang
Day 7: Rest/ Exploration at Lo Manthang
Day 8: Lo Manthang to Ghami
Day 9: Ghami to Sammar
Day 10: Sammar to Kagbeni
Day 11: Kagbeni to Muktinath and drive to Jomsom
Day 12: Fly to Pokhara
Fly to Jomsom from Pokhara (25 Minutes) and trek to Kagbeni for 3 hours
Climbing steep hills to the Tangbe village(2900 m.) the path flattens to an interesting village Chusang.
Crossing a small bridge across Mustang Khola River to a small colorful village Chaili and after a 4 hour trek we reach old and small village Sammar.
Descending and crossing couple of mountains streams for 2 hours we arrive into a wide valley. After an hour walk off the main trail we reach a valley between two hills, The Ghilling Village.
5 hours walk through the driest part of Mustang we reach the large village Charang.
4 hours trek climbing few hills the path flattens out to Lo-Manthang.
Exploring Lo-Manthang, visiting the King's Palace and monasteries.
Trekking for 5 hours to reach Lo-Geker and another 4 more hours to Ghami, a beautiful village of whitewashed houses.
We trek from Ghami to Syambuche through desert trails up—down, up—down through 2 passes. Spectacular views of Annapurna I and other mountains around. Overnight at Sammar.
We trek through alternative trail for around 6 hours; passing the Tseuse Cave with two passes and descend down to Kaligandaki Valley. Overnight at Kagbeni.
From Kagbeni, we follow alternative trail to Muktinath via Putang and Jhwang villages to Muktinath, after trekking for around 6 hours, we reach the village of Muktinath where the holy temple Muktinath lies. After explore Muktinath around includes Muktinath Temple and drive 2 Hours to Jomsom. Stya overnight at a lodge.
Fly out from Jomsom to Pokhara.
- Land transportation, from Hotel to Pokhara airport and Hotel.
- Standard accommodation at hotel in Pokhara, breakfast included.
- Special Permit for Lo-Manthang control area.
- Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom and Pokhara.
- 3 meals a day and best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation along the trail.
- Well experienced English speaking and other native language speaking trekking Guide.
- Porter service and support staff for above 4 person
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) and Annapurna Conservation Park Entrance Fee.
- Food, wages, accommodation, equipment's, medicine and insurance coverage for all trekking staffs.
- All Government taxes.
- Meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Pokhara (other than breakfast).
- Travel insurance and other expenses like costs incurred due to any unforeseen circumstances, emergency evacuation and rerouting, flight change, airport taxes.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold beverage, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipment's.
- Tips for trekking staff - Tipping are expected.
The itineraries are merely a guideline and are prearranged on the basis of their popularity with our previous guests. We can easily customized it to suit your own schedule and requirement.
We can organize combination packages to explore various regions and attractions throughout the country if you have an interest to explore Nepal further. Popular destinations and activities include: the famous Chitwan National Park Jungle Safaris, guided tours of Lumbini – the birthplace of Lord Buddha, Paragliding, Bungee Jumping, Mountain Biking, River Rafting. Please share your desire by contacting us and we will make it happen for you.